Compassionate In-Home Care for Seniors with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Dementia affects millions of seniors in the United States, and when it impacts someone in your family it can be challenging and exhausting. The term “dementia” actually describes a condition where symptoms like impaired judgment and memory loss become serious enough to disrupt a senior’s daily activities. If your loved one is still living at home, at times their dementia can put them at risk. Eventually, dementia can lead to declining health, along with behavioral and personality changes. Studies have determined that dementia can influence every aspect of a loved one’s day, from first thing in the morning to the time they go to bed. Even at night, bad dreams are possible, and eventually, even the most routine daily activities can become nearly impossible to carry out. Many patients with dementia deal with depression, and anxiety and become socially isolated. On the positive side, doctors have also found that living at home in familiar surroundings actually provides some much-needed comfort and stability to someone with dementia. And that’s why at TCC Home Care we provide our family-trusted, in-home dementia care services.
Our Highly-Trained Caregivers Understand Dementia
At TCC Home Care, we understand dementia and provide specialized caregiving services to California families in Pasadena and the greater Los Angeles county. In addition to our affordable and dependable in-home dementia caregivers, we will sit down and customize a personalized dementia care program that works best for your family; one that delivers the individualized attention your loved one requires anywhere from hourly to continuous, 24-hour, monitoring. Our compassionate dementia caregivers stand ready to deliver the necessary patience, empathy, and nurturing to put your mind at ease and keep your loved one aging in place. Those family-trusted dementia services include:
- Maintaining a safe home environment
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other companionship activities
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Transporting your loved one to medical appointments and other activities
- Personal care toileting, bathing, and grooming assistance
- Encouraging the client to accomplish as much as they can on their own
- Identifying, documenting, and managing changing behaviors
- Adapting a care plan that effectively addresses disease progression
- Honoring and respecting the senior’s earlier life accomplishments
- Assisting with your loved one’s ambulation and socialization
- Report to the Staff Coordinator, who reports to the family)
- Engaging in light housework and other household responsibilities
- Providing general pet care
Allowing your senior family member with dementia to stay in their home has been shown to be beneficial as long as they aren’t a safety risk to themselves or others. Seniors in California deserve a chance to gracefully age in place while enjoying the comfort and independence that living in their own homes provides.
If you have an aging loved one that might benefit from our “cream of the crop” home care services in Pasadena, call TCC Home Care toll-free today at (877) 933-3335, and we’ll promptly schedule an initial FREE assessment to discuss your senior’s needs.